Monday, August 25, 2014

Song of the Day: 8/25/14 - Prince - Clouds


Since this is my first post on here I suppose I'll tell you how the setup of this blog is going to work: Each Monday through Friday I'll post my favorite song that was released during the respective day. On Saturday I'll review an album/mixtape/EP that was released during the week (or a throwback project if nothing dropped), and then on Sunday I'll do something else. (Consider it a wild card day.)

That said, here's the very first Song of the Day.  This is off of the legendary Prince's newly announced album Art Official Age (well, one of the two albums he's dropping on September 30th, the other being called Plectrum Electrum).  The sensual mid-tempo groove is always a welcomed sound from the Purple One, and is a call back to his music in the late 80s and early 90s. If this song is any indication, at least one of these two albums will be great.

You can check out the song here.

UPDATE: Alternate link here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow never knew the purple one had released some new music, now this is kool I gotta look into this. Great post brotha Pegs

    DJ Oldspice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just announced those albums the same day he dropped that new song, I believe... but word, do that ish

      Delete